Sunday, February 01, 2009

Comfy dog


Cooper, originally uploaded by kn4ds.

Here's Cooper - one of our cocker spaniels.

He's 5 years old, and he's lived here in his forever home for 2 years.

The thing to remember is that he was abused for the first 3 years of his life, so he's not very trusting. He's turned on me, trying to bite me, several times over the last two years. But I understand that he's not had a loving family before, so I don't get real upset with him.

He also gets very upset with himself after such an episode, because he does know how well he has it here, and he knows that we love him... but he knows he shouldn't be attacking us. He'll hang his head and mope for a while until I tell him it's OK and he's a good boy again.

The thing is, he's recently started seeming a bit more relaxed. Tonight, I saw him in the recliner, and shot this while commenting that I wished he would get to a point where he was trusting and relaxed.

No comments: